Crystal Ball Contest
Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility: The Crystal Ball contest is open to legal residents of Canada. Entrants must be 18 years of age as of their date of entry in this campaign in order to qualify. This contest is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Canadian Western Bank's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Crystal Ball contest.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is CWB McLean & Partners (“Sponsor”), located at 801 - 10th Avenue SW, Calgary AB T2R 0B4. Sponsor will conduct the giveaway substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this giveaway, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this giveaway, the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Crystal Ball contest.
4. Crystal Ball contest Entry Period: This campaign begins on December 17th and ends on January 10th at 23:59 MST (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the giveaway, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the Crystal Ball contest by submitting a form on our website. Eligible entries are defined as fully filled out form submissions.
As a participant, your entry must fully meet all contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
NOTE: Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing them from the contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner of the Crystal Ball campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $500 gift card towards a Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) brand of choice purchase and a 30-minute Q&A session with a member of our research team. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, provincial, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of selection.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by a phone call or through an email within 1 day following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive the communication. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Crystal Ball giveaway) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Crystal Ball contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Crystal Ball giveaway. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Crystal Ball contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Crystal Ball contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the giveaway and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS giveaway IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ALBERTA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this giveaway, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Alberta having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 801 - 10th Avenue SW, Calgary AB T2R 0B4. Requests must be postmarked no later than August 1, 2021.
14. Social Media Channel-Specific Rules: The giveaway hosted by CWB McLean & Partners is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with LinkedIn.